Saturday, October 25, 2008

Classic Video Game Cupcake Tower

When I was contacted by blogger extraordinaire Kim Vallée to prepare classic video game cupcakes for her husband Jerome's 39th birthday party I couldn't wait to get started. While I had never heard of Robotron before I was addicted to Frogger as child and of course Space Invaders. When I suggested that we do a cupcake tower topped with a cake Kim immediately requested a Weighted Companion Cube from the game Portal. Of course with her eye for detail Kim added the perfect touch that made the cake geek-tacular; she requested that Jerome's age be written in binary! The flavours included vanilla cupcakes with mexican hot chocolate buttercream, lemon cupcakes with vanilla buttercream, chocolate ginger cupcakes with green tea buttercream, and finally a chocolate chili cake topped with vanilla buttercream.


No comments: